Harvard did a study back in the 1950s about goals. It showed that only 3% of the respondents had set goals before graduating.
In the 1980s, they followed up on the study and found out that that 3% was worth more financially than the rest of the 97% combined.
This study shows that goal-setting is an important and necessary factor for success.
Many of you already have goals for your future that you want to achieve with the Law of Attraction.
You may even have an action plan to make those goals happen.
But some of you may not be sure exactly what you want, or what you’d like to get out of the LOA.
That’s okay too.
I’ll explain step-by-step how you can discover what you truly want, set your goals, and make a plan—keep reading to find out.
First, take some time to think about what you want most. If you could do anything, without financial limits, without fear of failing, knowing that you were going to succeed…what would you do?
Jot down some ideas. If you dream of being an artist, write it down. If you long to travel the world, write it down.
Also think about your financial goals and your goals for your personal life.
Would you like to have a better-paying job? Want to go back to school? Want to earn passive income and be financially independent?
Put it on the list.
Now look at your list and pick one of your goals to focus on right now.
Take your general goal and make it as specific as possible. How will you know when you have achieved that goal? Decide what you will see, hear, feel, and experience that will tell you that you have reached your goal.
For instance, instead of the general, “I’d like to be financially independent,” a more specific goal would be: “I want to get rid of my negative feelings about money, feel positive about being wealthy, and know that my financial future is secure.”
The next step is to make your goal measurable. That means you need a clear way to know if you’ve met your goal or not.
“I want to eliminate my credit card debt, pay off my student loans, and I want to make over $100,000 a year.”
After you’ve set the bar, now it’s time to decide if your goal is achievable. Don’t get me wrong, with the right mindset you are unstoppable and can achieve anything you desire. Just make sure that you are setting goals that you have a plan of action to reach.
Avoid frustration by setting goals that you can reach. Do your research and make your plan as detailed as possible.
Make sure that your goal is also realistic. Having an unrealistic goal only sets you up for failure. Also make sure that you have a deadline for your goals.
Goals are dreams with deadlines. If you want to make your dreams come true, they need to be more than just dreams.
You need a concrete goal and a realistic plan.
And you have to follow up and check in on your progress from time to time.
That means taking an honest look at your actions and your goals and making adjustments if necessary.
If you’re on track and meeting your goals or making progress, pat yourself on the back.
You can even treat yourself to something special as a reward for sticking to the plan.
If you’re not seeing results, try doing things a little differently.
Just don’t give up. Once you have a goal in mind, believe that you can reach that goal. Let the Hypnotic Secret motivate you and keep your mindset positive.
You can do whatever you decide to do, as long as you have a plan, a goal, and the right mindset.
So go for it!
* content missing